Brass, base material
The majority of our jewelry are made with a base of brass embellished with either a gold or silver plating.
If you are wondering why we have chosen brass as base material for most of our unique pieces, here’s just a few reasons:
- Brass is one tough alloy, which makes it a very durable metal.
- It holds up against heat and moisture, which is why we are confident about the lifetime of our products (if our care advice is followed!)
- Brass is hypoallergenic and easy to clean and care for, and as an extra bonus brass does not break easily.
- Brass is one of the metals that is highly resistant to corrosion and it just won't rust under normal indoor conditions.
- Brass, unlike some of other metals, is non toxic and has no links to health complications.
All our SENCE jewelry are manually casted and polished. They are polished individually by hand to achieve the SENCE finishing and for some items, they are polished multiple times to create the special SENCE matt finishing, it is, a non reflective and dull surface. This makeover gives our jewelry a subtle, warm, smooth and homogeneous look, quite different from the glossy appearance.
After the plating process, a transparent protective layer is applied to protect the precious metal from tarnishing. At this stage, stones, chosen after careful evaluation and sourced from all over the world, are cut to size and start shaping in.
Our jewelry contains no nickel or cadmium, in compliance with EU Regulation EC No 1907 2006 REACH, Annex XVII.
Silver and Gold plating
To get the best for our SENCE jewelry, we plate it with precious metals:
- Gold: the plating surface consist of 3 mils of pure gold
- Silver: the plating surface consist of 40 mils of pure silver
The SENCE signature matt plating is very challenging, which is also why it is unique. It takes a trained eye to master the technique. The shape of the jewelry affects the outcome of the plating. That is why we constantly judge the jewelry, piece by piece, and polish more or less, to end up with the SENCE signature matt plating. It is a symphony of color, thickness and polishing, and therefore mandatory to do a number of testing to ensure consistency and ideal finishing.
Remove your jewelry before exercising, washing your hands or showering. Always apply perfumes, creams and hair care products before wearing. To clean: buff gently with a dry cloth. Store in a safe, dry place when not worn.
We hope you appreciate nature’s creation and enjoy the uniqueness of each stone.
Our stones are sourced from all over the world, we cut the stones to size and shape in our own workshop. They have beautiful tones and shades that make beautiful ornaments. Stones look splendid when beaded together making beautiful SENCE jewelry. Explore our selection of SENCE’s favorite precious stones: white jade, grey agate, black onyx, rose quartz, aqua marine and many more. A world in color just the way SENCE likes it!